Our prices are available on application. Please contact us at email@example.com for a price list.
We will process up to four tissue from one animal for the same price, there will be no additional charge for routine special stains. If required immunohistochemistry does carry an additional charge and we will provide a quote for this before proceeding.
Bones require decalcification, which softens bone so it can be cut by our microtomes. This may take a couple of days or several weeks, depending on the sample. Large samples which require pathologist dissection may be subject to a supplementary charge, please contact the lab for details.
We are happy to receive tissues from small animals which have been necropsied i.e. kittens, puppies, small mammals, birds, fish and reptiles. Unfortunately we are not able to accept whole animals for post mortem. For complete post mortems please call for advice.
- Histology alone
- Histology plus skin scrape
- Histology, skin scrape and fungal culture
- Histology, skin scrape, bacteriological culture*
- Histology, scrape, fungal and bacteriological culture*
- Fungal culture alone*
*Culture is for one site. Multiple swabs can occasionally be pooled but additional sites will incur additional charges.
- Fine Needle Aspirate and Washes
- Fluid Analysis Cytology, total protein + SG
- Bone marrow smear
- Synovial fluid – cytology
- Culture and direct sensitivity testing (see Microbiology Services)
- Dipstick analysis
- Calculus analysis
There is NO extra charge for routine special stains or telephoned, faxed reports or email.
Duplicate slides are supplied free of charge if requested.
Postage paid address labels, submission forms, submission pots (not including formalin) and postage boxes supplied.